Service Panel

Faulty wiring is one of the leading causes of residential fires in the United States. The risk of a fire caused by faulty wiring dramatically increases based on how old your house is. Older wiring may not meet code, and wire insulation and other materials tend to deteriorate over time.

Warning signs of faulty wiring include:

  • Flickering or dimming lights;
  • Slight shock or tingling sensation when you touch appliances;
  • A persistent burning smell;
  • Sparking or discolored power outlets